Wednesday 29 October 2014

Exercise - Getting the Parr Feel

This morning I've been practising with my flashgun. The exercise involves making work like Martin Parr. I thought I'd start off by practising indoors on some bright and shiny objects. The images look quite 'harsh' and I've cranked up the contrast and colour saturation. This step was easy and now I really need to go outside and take some more in daylight this time. The object of shooting flash outside is to learn how to successfully balance ambient light with the use of flash to get those strident colours so characteristic of much of Parr's work. I'm not sure about photographing strangers using my flash though - I think that is a step too far. I will try to make some people shots with friends and family with this exercise.








No comments:

Post a Comment